Saturday, December 7, 2013

Shopping

Did I ever say I liked to shop? Well, I do and I’m darned good at it. Saks was having a sale. So I spent $3,000 on things I don’t need, but I liked, to get a $600 gift certificate I can spend next year. Technically, I can spend it now but don’t want to because it will take away from my shopping points and freebies for this year.

My shopper Connie had texted pictures of things she knows I need. Unfortunately, she also includes the shoes to “just try with the dress”. I have an entire closet full of shoes. I have 5 pairs of black heels, 3 pairs of beige, a pair of blue, and six pairs of boots, not to mention flats, sandals, and tennis shoes – for the gym, of course. But I love them all! Thanks to Connie, I have my own shoe showroom. Maybe I’ll have a two-for-one shoe sale. I can give points redeemable for tax research articles. Or, maybe not!

Of course, I also must get makeup from Katie so I can get the free gift with purchase. A free gift with purchase is an important part of my family heritage. Dad used to say that we bought something we didn’t want to get something we didn’t need. He was right. But what’s wrong with that?

No comments:

Post a Comment